Toto Drake G-Max Surging

Users who are viewing this thread

Valve

Reaction score
I bought a Toto Drake based on T Love's info and it was the correct choice. I can darn near flush a hand towel, and if I hold the lever down a bath towel. :)

It's been 2.5 years and the G-Max is slow filling and specifically it's surging. I took it apart and everything seems good. There's a small hole in the red solid gasket inside the assembly. Would this be the cause?

While the assembly was apart I turned on the water supply and the water comes throught strong. I reinstalled everything and the water still surges during fill up.

Any advice?

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If cleaning the cap didn't work, just put a new one in.
Made by Korky, they are right next to the Korky Quiet Fill valve at Lowes.

https://terrylove.com/korky/

korky_cap.jpg

Last edited:

Valve

Reaction score
If cleaning the cap didn't work, just put a new one in.
Made by Korky, they are right next to the Korky Quiet Fill valve at Lowes.

https://terrylove.com/korky/

I put a new cap in. The surging went away but now when the water gets 1/2" from the fill line it squeaks loudly, then hisses for the last 1/2" of water fill. The sqeak is loud.

Man it's pretty simple looking. I can usually figure these kind of things out. Nothing seems to be worn or broken.

Is it maybe time for all new guts?

Toto should warranty the guts if it's only 2.5 years old correct?

korky_cap.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

rrswede

Reaction score
Have three Toto Drakes installed. Am happy with two. Third surges when filling like the one in the attached link. I have cleaned everything, valve open fully, all surfaces are clean. What next?

Thanks, swede

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I suspect the cap on the fill valve is shot. It takes the Model 528 and is quick and easy to replace.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
It's been 2.5 years and the G-Max is slow filling and specifically it's surging. I took it apart and everything seems good. There's a small hole in the red solid gasket inside the assembly. Would this be the cause?

While the assembly was apart I turned on the water supply and the water comes through strong. I reinstalled everything and the water still surges during fill up.

Why not just replace the fill valve with the Korky 528MP?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks