Toto Drake Cleaning

Users who are viewing this thread

Jdjd

Reaction score
Purchased a Drake - it may be the 1.28 GPF. And I've read through the Toto information and various forum feedback on cleaning the CEFIONTECT. I also found a soft brush for cleaning it.

- Is Pine Sol ok to use for cleaning it?

- I get skid marks 100% of the time, and yes, I eat lots of fiber. I thought the CEFIONTECT would help, but it doesn't. So I end up flushing it twice if not 3 times. So much for saving water. Of course the rinse water comes straight down on the sides with most of the water entering from below to remove the waste, so no clogging.

Are the skid marks just a limitation with low flush toilets, or is this a drawback on the Toto brand?

thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Are the skid marks just a limitation with low flush toilets, or is this a drawback on the Toto brand?

Bowls from the 80's and before had a large pool of water. There was almost no porcelain you could hit.
New bowls using less water have more surface to hit.
This is the way since the beggining of the 1990's

I use a liquid toilet bowl cleaner. Clorox and Lysol have worked. I have not tried Pine Sol.

toto-bowl-cleaning.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks