Toto Drake Ada....Sticky Porcelain bowl

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by cbp, Mar 14, 2007.

1. cbp

cbp New Member

Several months ago I purchased and installed a Drake ADA. We enjoy it so much we wish to put another in our Guest bath.

One lil problem seems the porcelain in the bowl appears to be sticky and wash down is not always as clean as expected.

I read somewhere I should order the Drake with the Sanigloss finish. I thought that's what I bought the first time. Evidently not.

What model number should I specifically order to get the sanigloss finish this time?

Thank you.:confused:
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I don't know of any CST744 ADA Drakes with Sanagloss.
    I've heard that a special order of 100 or more can be had with it.
    There were non ordered that way for the Seattle area that I know of.

Sanagloss is designated by the letter G in the numbering system.
    I have seen the CST744SG-01, which is a standard height elongated bowl with Sanagloss. I always carry those.

The Drake II, CST454CEFG does have Sanagloss and a tall bowl.
    Cotton White
    Colonial White
    Sedona Beige
    Bone
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  3. cbp

cbp New Member

Thanks Terry;

Since we are retired we want to stay with the ADA if possible.

Any suggestion as to coatings or ? It is a minor annoyance but the Drake far exceeds our operational expectations.

I want to check out that Sanagloss elongated unit.... I've have a couple Ideas that might make it work.:D
  4. maemom

maemom New Member

I am having the same problem with the Toto ADA Clayton. Love the function but it is not always clean. I am working on finding a good cleaner. Preferably one that is in the tank and cleans with every flush. See the kaboom post. Please share any ideas you have. Ours is also the bathroom guest use.
  5. cbp

cbp New Member

I have calcium in my water supply here in Eastern WA.:( I've been using the Kaboom dispensers with some success.:) (Wife loves em!) In my Drake and a 40 year old toilet. Along with regular cleaning with CLR Bathroom and Kitchen cleaner. I'm going to try the Cleaner with Teflon too.
  6. geepondy

geepondy New Member

Where do you get the cleaner with Teflon? Is it available at a place like Walmart?
  7. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

It's made by Clorox...you may have to search for it.
  8. maemom

maemom New Member

I have found it at Lowes, Home Depot, K-Mart and Wegman's but not at Walmart.