Toto Drake 1G CST454CUFG

Users who are viewing this thread

Anney

Reaction score
I had a Toto Drake 1G installed in my house a year ago and am very pleased. The CEFIONTECT and double cyclone does keep it cleaner longer and I can't believe how efficiently everything is flushed away. But I bought it in part because it was listed as being quiet -- but quiet it certainly is not. Is there something that can be done to make it quieter?

At the KBIS show I had the good fortune to win a Washlet so I didn't have to buy a seat. Now I'm specifying the Drake 1G for a client who does not want to spend the $$$ for a Washlet, so I need to know which seat fits best. SS114 or SS154. Any thoughts? Thanks, this is a great forum!

drake-1g-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
You could close the seat before flushing, or install sound-absorbing curtains or panels.

Anney

Reaction score
The Washlet bidet seat closes by itself after flushing and I'm spoiled :) I thought I remembered reading something that said an adjustment could be made to the toilet itself to make the flush quieter.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The standard elongated TOTO seat for that is the SS114, though any elongated will also work.

Noise is somewhat relative. The old 3.5's ranged from fairly quiet to downright loud.
Some of it is the accoustics in the room. I had one customer that placed a very expensive toilet with all the gadgets in a room with all hard surfaces. I thought while installing it that it was going to transmit every little whir and buzz and splash under the large gap below the door and into the bedroom. It did.

I would have hang a large towl in there, just to soak up sound, and a carpet in front, also to soak up some of the echo.

There is no adjustment on the canister for this flush. What you are hearing is the sound of success :)

cst454cufg-shelves.jpg

Last edited:

Anney

Reaction score
Thanks for asking. It's not squeaky. The flush sounds like it's sucking down a lot of air. It's noticeably quieter when the lid is closed, but since I like my Washlet feature of auto closing the lid, I don't want to manually close the lid. I thought perhaps there was some other way to adjust the toilet. Maybe I should post a video (if that's possible on this site?)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The way these toilets work is to create a good suction/siphoning effect. That means when it has sucked all of the water/waste out of the bowl, it will make some sounds. Slowing things down would change the ability for it to all work with such a small amount of water. I do not think you'll find a way to make that toilet quieter except to shut the lid on the seat prior to flushing. With the soft-close feature of the Toto seats, it's a quick little flick to get it all started, but then you have to wait before you can flush while it goes down.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Geez, and you would think that people would be excited/happy to see how effective and reliable a toilet can be made that works on 1.0gpf, and not worry if it seemed a little "noisy" in its operation.

Remember that the biggest beef for a decade was that the dang things didn't flush? Now that Toto solved that problem, this is the kind of objection that we get.

I guess that's good -- "Oh, it flushes great, and it only uses a gallon of water, but it gurgles kinda loud," is the best complaint people can come up with.

Wallijonn

Reaction score

Yep, it's just the "glub, glub, glub" that is probably bothering you.

Is this a water closet?, meaning a really small room where noise reverberates easily?

That sounds even louder, to me.

Do what you do when you go to someone else's house - run the water in the sink before flushing.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks