Toto Dartmouth

Users who are viewing this thread

the_bosun_mate

Reaction score
dartmouth_pedestal.jpg

Considering purchasing Toto Dartmouth Collection (Toilet and Sink). Salesman states Flushing etc. equal to Toto Drake plus higher heigth ADA. Salespitch or the truth??? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
cst784_01.jpg

Toto Clayton

Truth.

The Dartmouth, Clayton, Carrollton, Plymouth, Soiree, Guinevere are all good working models with a more traditional style.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I bought a Dartmouth from Terry last fall and it is fantastic, but you should consider all of the models you mentioned to find which will fit your decor.

Sunny Bunny

Reaction score
Dartmouth - streaks left in potty, any solutions?

We bought the Dartmouth to replace a really old toilet because the tank cracked and the bowl needed to be resurfaced.

Though I really like the look of the Dartmouth and the fact that it uses less water I am disappointed because streaks :eek:are left in the potty (below waterline) after flushing. Our old toilet did not have this problem. I think it is gross and potentially embarrassing :eek:. A second flush does the trick after a minute or two but this defeats the purpose of saving water.

:confused:Is there not enough pressure, do we need more water in the tank?
Any suggestions?

Thank you, Sunny Bunny:)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
We bought the Dartmouth to replace a really old toilet

You can't really compare a "really old toilet" to anything made since 1992.
Nothing uses more than 1.6 gallons anymore.
The amount of water in the old bowls left no chance of streaking.
For some weird reason, the bowls do get better with use.
Does anyone know why?

cst754_minch_zoom.jpg

TOTO Dartmouth that uses 1.28 gallons, Watersense

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have not had much streaking in my Dartmouth. We alway keep a brush by the side of the toilet, and when we do get an occasional streak, it's quick and easy to give it a quick brush and flush. I think what Terry was getting at is that low flow toilets may have more streaking problems that the old full flow units because of the smaller amount of water. I don't know that you can put the blame on one particular model or brand. I wonder if the cleaner with Teflon might be a help in keeping the streaking down? :confused: It would be worth a try.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Think seriously about the Soiree or Guinevere -

both have the newfangled "Cyclone" bowl wash -
2 BIG jets of water right under the rim which really do wash the bowl down, coupled with the great Toto flush.

I have a Soiree and wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks