Toto CST714 Caorusoe toilet loud noise and won't stop pouring water

Users who are viewing this thread

roman29

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Toto Toiler about 1 year and a half old. It has suddenly began doing a very loud noise and after the tank it's filled it won't stop pouring water. I guess that both problems are related as they began at the same time. I have seen other threads regarding loud noises but none with non stop flowing water at the same time.

Here I post a dropbox link to the video so I can show it better.

[video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/vaouv4sr2qjfouv/IMG_3021.MOV[/video]

Any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You may want to remove the tank lid and look inside to see what's happening.
If the water keeps running, it's a bad flapper, or something with the fill valve. Sometimes that's an adjustment and sometimes it needs a new part.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Once you've looked, turn off the water supply or you'll be surprised at your next water bill! A continuously running pipe can waste a huge amount of water, and your water and sewer bill will go up accordingly. And, if you have a septic system, flooding the tank is not a great idea, either.

roman29

Reaction score
update

You may want to remove the tank lid and look inside to see what's happening.
If the water keeps running, it's a bad flapper, or something with the fill valve. Sometimes that's an adjustment and sometimes it needs a new part.

Thanks for your answer. How do I tell if it's the flapper or the fill valve? Is this something I can fix myself or I should hire a professional? Here is a 5 second video of how the inside of the tank looks.

[video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/ygxvyvm1ps8aoh3/IMG_4021%20copy.MOV[/video]

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
Is the water up to the overflow and overflowing? If so, it is the fill valve. It would be the fill valve that would be singing.

If the water is not overflowing, or maybe you will want to test anyway, turn off the water. Does the water in the tank level drop? If so, the flapper valve or flapper is (also?) bad.

Last edited:

roman29

Reaction score
Is the water up to the overflow and overflowing? If so, it is the fill valve. It would be the fill valve that would be singing.

If the water is not overflowing, or maybe you will want to test anyway, turn off the water. Does the water in the tank level drop? If so, the flapper valve or flapper is (also?) bad.

Yes the water is up to the overflow and overflowing. The water in the tank level doesn't drop so I guess the flapper is OK.

My Toto model is ST706. Do you know where I can buy the fill valve for this model. Looking for information online I found this:

http://www.****.com/itm/TOTO-TSU99A...d=100204&prg=9919&rk=1&rkt=20&sd=111282523426

Do you know if this would work? Do you recommend any other seller?

Thanks!!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Just get this valve at Lowe's (or many hardware stores):

http://www.lowes.com/pd_336988-868-528MPK_0__?Ntt=528mpk&UserSearch=528mpk&productId=3284948&rpp=32

You want the MaxPerformance one like on the link, with a silver cap. HD doesn't carry it. Other than the silver cap ones, they will not refill the bowl with the right amount of water.

It's a DIY job. 5-10 minutes max. All you need is a wrench, and maybe not even that.

Korky has good instructions with the valve, but here's a video they made as well. You can see how easy it is to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks