Toto CST494CEMFG Connelly reviews?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
Ahh. As test, slowly pour another quart of water into the bowl after the level has stabilized. If that falls back to it's low spot, I would suspect a crack in the toilet. If it stays up, maybe the fill valve is not providing enough water into the overflow tube. Make sure that the hose is feeding water into the top of the overflow tube during refill. Ideally it will be as simple as the clip on the hose having let go. Replacing the fill valve is not that hard if it comes to that.

Kim Standish

Reaction score
Ahh. As test, slowly pour another quart of water into the bowl after the level has stabilized. If that falls back to it's low spot, I would suspect a crack in the toilet. If it stays up, maybe the fill valve is not providing enough water into the overflow tube. Make sure that the hose is feeding water into the top of the overflow tube during refill. Ideally it will be as simple as the clip on the hose having let go. Replacing the fill valve is not that hard if it comes to that.
I will try your recommendation this evening and report back tomorrow. Thank you.

Kim Standish

Reaction score
I will try your recommendation this evening and report back tomorrow. Thank you.
There apparently was partial blockage in the line as reports from the household said it became worse throughout the day. Plunging seems to have eliminated the problem completely, so all is good. Still trying to imagine how such a small blockage could occur in the line, subsequently catching more solids and blocking it further. The pathway should be completely smooth. No matter; it's working fine now. Thank you for the help.

jfneron

Reaction score
Website
www.jfneron.com
I bought two Connoly last January (2018) as they were the model I liked the most in the seller's showroom! I liked the square base and that the side was not showing the "S" curve. After spending a full week reading and researching the web for everything related to toilets, I was convinced that a TOTO was to be my pick. The store did not have a demo of the most common Toto models but they had a Conolly in their showroom, and I liked the design a lot. I was also attracted by its syphonic system. So I bought two, at 800$ cdn each. They were dleivered 2 weeks later and we had a local plumber do the installation.

At first my wife was surprised at the low level of water in this toiled, but she said that it worked well. As I am working as a military photographer in another province and only come to home once each three months for a short visit, I have been able to "try" the new toilets only recently.

Although I still love that model design, I rapidly found out that it does not stay clean, even with a regular use. I am sorry to show this "real life" picture but it shoes clearly what the problem is --> the sides retain feces and the water flow is insufficient to clean the surfaces. This picture has been taken after 2 x full flushes:

IMG_0070.jpg

I now regret my choice. I should have spent 2 x 200$ for my two toilets, instead of 1600$!!!

Does anyone know if there is a warranty with Toto if we are not satisfied?

:-(

JF
Ottawa, ON CANADA

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks