TOTO Cotton vs. Colonial White

Users who are viewing this thread

ejodie

Reaction score
I've heard many different opinions on this, so, I guess I need a few more.... :)
We've just ordered an American Standard pedestal sink and shower pan in White - and ordered the Toto Clayton toilet in Cotton -
Of course, its a non-changeable and non-refundable order.....and I just realized that the match for American Standard White to Toto is Colonial White. I have read that the Cotton color in Toto actually looks better with the American Standard White (even though that is not what Toto recommends as the best match) - any opinions.....
Thanks -
Jodi

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
"Cotton White" works with most whites, Kohler, Briggs, Mansfield, Gerber,

"Colonial White" works best with American Standard.

cotboll.jpg

Cotton White

Last edited:

David D.

Reaction score
Terry --

I'm trying to buy a Toto seat (model SS114 -- elongated soft close seat) for an older white American Standard toilet -- Lexington model. The "Cotton White" seat looks glaringly white against the porcelain of the white American Standard toilet. Should I buy a "Colonial White" seat instead? Or is the Toto Cotton White the best match I'm going to get? Any recommendations as to where to buy these seats in Seattle? Thanks --- you have a great web site, by the way.

David C.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The colonial may be a better match on the Lexington.
I sell the SS114-11 colonial white in Bothell, or I could arrange a will call in Seattle.

Terry Love
206-949-5683

Reaction score
2010 Toto Cotton White match

Thank you for providing this forum. It has been very useful in my bathroom remodel.

I am trying to find a white cast iron or steel bathtub, that is available in Canada, that will match my new Toto Cotton White toilet. Unfortunately the Toto tubs are too pricey for me. I see some discussion from 2007/2008 on this topic, but I wanted to be sure the products still match in 2010 and are available in British Columbia.

Thank you for any help that can be provided.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Cotton is pretty close to most of the other brands, with the expception of American Standard, which is more like their Colonial White, if you are comparing fairly new fixtures.

Older American Standard is closer to Cotton White.

HarryPotter

Reaction score
Toto cotton white vs. colonial white

Hi Terry,

Which Toto toilet color (cotton white or colonial white) would match with my white antique style pedestal sink (Aria) from the Le Bijou collection? I recently purchased this sink from the website below & now need to purchase a Toto toilet to go with it. I'm thinking of getting the Carlyle II toilet by Toto.

http://www.signaturehardware.com/product2423

Attachments

• 2423.jpg
    2423.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 17,434
Last edited by a moderator:

renovationreality

Reaction score
I asked when purchasing a few weeks ago. Thje way it was described - Cotton is "white" white and typically matches more. Colonial is slightly off white with a slight bit of gray.

nancybyron

Reaction score
Terry- When you say "older" American Standard ...just how old were you talking. I just purchased a hand painted (custom) sink on Craigslist. The lady had it custom painted with flowers of many colors - but the base is white - & it is an American Standard sink. She never used it and it sat in the box since 1998! I'm looking to buy a Toto toilet and again like the people above, am torn with Cotton vs Colonial. I went to a store today and took the paint chips out to my car to compare it to the sink. It was sunny - & the sink is very "busy" - but I thought the Colonial was closer. The sales person from the store swears by the Cotton & thought it would feel brighter & cleaner? I'm thinking that the toilet is so far from the sink- that either would work. But, again, how old is "older". In advance, Thank you for your input.

Chefwong

Reaction score
Nancy -

Go to Toto Showroom. Pickup the real porcelin chips. THEY have them. Bring it back home and compare.

With the business of the *flowers* you are talking about, I would be more concerned about just getting the tub/shower to match the toilet...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks