Toto Colonial White seat match

Users who are viewing this thread

DougH

Reaction score
I bought the Toto Drake in colonial white, which is the perfect match to the American Standard white sink I have. However, The seat which is suppose to also be Colonial White doesn't seem to match the bowl/tank. It looks almost pink by comparison.

I already exchanged the bowl once because the "cotton white" bowl was packed in the box marked colonial white. I know it was the wrong color because the bowl was blinding white next to the tank. And the supply guy agreed it was packed incorrectly.

Is it possible I've got a seat that is also in an incorrectly marked box or do the seats really not match well in this color???

Anybody?? I've got a plumber coming to install this tomorrow and I don't want the supply guy to think I'm nuts!

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Your always going to find a slight color difference from plastic to china but it should not be that noticable.
Not sure any color that would have a pink tinge to it, is it a Toto soft close seat or another brand?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I agree that if it is plastic, especially in a white...that is tough to get a match. I would think they would use a wood seat, because you can color match enamel paints.

Back in the day, I has some involvement in quality control of some plastic products ( telephones) being made in Hong Kong, and China. White is the toughest color. The factory is always trying to fudge a higher percentage of regrind in the mix, because it is cheaper than virgin resin, but even the virgin, you really have a tough time doing anything with white. You just cant produce a "tint" like you can in paint using literally just droplets of color. In plastic...white is white. Take it or leave it!

DougH

Reaction score
It is a Toto softclose seat. I think it might be the sedona beige or even the bone color - in the box marked colonial white. I did call the supplier - of course they don't have any more in stock and it will take another week - par for the course with this project. Almost everything we wanted from the faucets to the Trim ring for the Juno shower light to faucets and now the toilet was either backordered, or came in damaged and had to be exchanged - or both!

The plumber is here, and he'll install the toilet anyway. Oh well, at this rate, maybe we'll be done by Thanksgiving (we started in February!).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks