Toto Caruso elongated bowl and tank in Sedona beige for 140 new .?

Users who are viewing this thread

CanOfWorms

Reaction score
am I totally crazy not just to buy this immediately ?
I'm kinda holding out for something that is a little more classic looking

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The Toto Caruso was discontinued several years ago. It was not a very good performer. If you want a good performing toilet at a modest price, consider a Toto Drake. There are several models available, but any of them would be a decent choice. The price would be more than $140, but for that price you can expect zero quality from any brand.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
It's a two-inch flush valve builder-grade toilet. Pretty much nothing that we recommend on here.

CanOfWorms

Reaction score
okay so I guess I know diddly squat about toilets .
2 inch definitely sounds bad .
but what's a flush valve . what's the best type of flushing system ?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The flush valve is the opening from the tank to the bowl. The size determines the amount of water that can be released in a short time. More water, a higher flushing capability. Speed wasn't an issue with the older toilets, as they worked differently, and volume created the head to generate the siphon. Today's toilets (at least most of them) use a high velocity/volume pulse of water to flush - a bigger flush valve basically works better, all things being equal. Many of the newer toilets use a 3" flush valve and since the area of the opening is related to the square of the radius, a little increase makes a big difference. Best is a subjective evaluation...depends on design and the quality of the build. Some have one or the other, but it takes both. Toto's new dual cyclone flush does a nice job. One thing you'll find between old, high-volume flush toilets and the new, low-flow ones, is that it's hard to do a great bowl wash with sometimes 1/4 the water of the old gully washers. The Toto dual cyclone is one of the better systems out there with great build quality thrown in.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks