[Toto Carrolton] Any seats that can be installed with external access only?

Users who are viewing this thread

Weary_landlord

Reaction score
Hiya folks..... I really don't want to pull this toilet but if it makes you feel good go ahead and post "just pull the toilet."
I have a Toto Carrollton installed on a 10" rough and as a result I don't have a prayer of being able to reach the nut side of the toilet hinge bolts-- I can get there with great difficulty on one side, with a little panic that my hand is permanently stuck in there.... but the other side is close to the back and to a side wall.

My seat is broken and getting worse by the year.... just wondering if there's any way of installing a new seat securely with having to access behind/under/inside the stool. Thanks!

cst774s-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Weary_landlord

Reaction score
Thank you! After 11 years I somehow still know where the boxes with the unused unifits are and I'll bet the bolts are in them. The seat on there now definitely didn't use those toggles-- one side is broken and I'll have to saw the other off..... but are the toggles compatible with other brands of seat or does that mean I have to pop for a Toto seat?

Weary_landlord

Reaction score
Well, that didn't go so well. I found the doodads straightaway and they are in like new condition, but my Bemis seat's hinges didn't seat because of the shape of the metal on the bottom of the hinge--- so in the process of trying to add plastic washers the doodad on the wall side went through the hole and I have not been able to fish it out. Looks like I'll be on the hunt for a new pair as well as plastic washers/bushings to try to make this work.

Weary_landlord

Reaction score
Thank you Terry. I ordered a couple sets of toggles off eBay last night but now I'm thinking it would be better to pull the bowl as the hinge style of the seat I want to use is apparently not compatible with the toggles. Can you pull a Toto that's been in place for 11 years and just put it right back on the unifit, or will I need some new mating parts?

Reach4

Reaction score
Can you pull a Toto that's been in place for 11 years and just put it right back on the unifit, or will I need some new mating parts?

Since the toilet is only attached near the wall, the caulk sealant does the extra job of keeping the front of the toilet from sliding.
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1422868
https://www.lowes.com/pd/LOCTITE-2In...ile-Latex-Kitchen-and-Bathroom-Caulk/50239245

You may need shims or can reuse the old ones.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks