Toto Carrollton tank bolts

Users who are viewing this thread

Ho333ard

Reaction score
Not sure what the deal is here . . .
the tank bolts that came with my Carrollton are so short that you can only start one by tipping the tank to the side. Anyone experienced this? WtH . . .
Even better is that I dropped one of the nuts and it seems to have made it into the recesses of the toliet a-la-pinball machine. No spare tank bolt parts around . . .
And-- am I hallucinating or will I have to pull the toilet if I ever want to change the seat?

I know that very good people think this is a great toilet, but my "bad design" bell hasbeen dingng through most of my experience with this thing thus far . . .

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
drake_gasket.jpg

First off, did you pull the foam rubber washer onto the bottom of the flush valve?

I've never had a problem with the bolts before.

For the seat, you will notice rubber toggles with stainless steel bolts.
Dont' throw these away. Use these for the seat, and not the plastic bolt and nut that came with the seat.
This will have been noted on the instructions that came with the toilet.

As far as dropping the nut, well........

Some generic instructions that cover the toggle seat bolts
https://terrylove.com/pdf/unifit_toilet_instructions.pdf

toto-tank-parts.jpg

Last edited:

Ho333ard

Reaction score
No idea why the included bolts were so short, but I grabbed a $2 set of tank bolts from my rental building tonight and they were fine-- finished it up.
Yes, the doughnut is on there. It slmost seems like it's got an extra 3/4" of height. It is definitely pushed on all the way and pretty much flush with the bottom of the tank. I expect it to compress down and to need to tighten the tank bolts at least once-- the nubs on the bottom of the tank are not quite touching the bowl.

Didn't occur to me to use the black toggles-- I assumed they were only for the $3,000 Toto seats. The bolts that came with the Bemis were chrome (plasic nuts). What's going to happen now that I used them? I don't think I'm about to pull the toilet to switch 'em out.

Ho333ard

Reaction score
Would be interested in opinions on the above if anyone's able.
The bolts took another turn or so today, but the tank is still clearly sitting up on the doughnut Any chance the carrolton requires a lower profile doughnut and they tossed the wrong kit in the tank box?

Now that this thing is together and working, I must say it's a fine piece of engineering. And I do see how the elongation makes it harder to 'miss', if that's what you were getting at in the "Carrolton Seat" thread , Terry.

Ho333ard

Reaction score
one last bump . . .

cst774s-01.jpg

CST774S TOTO Carrollton

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks