Toto Carrollton Question

Users who are viewing this thread

RonnyK

Reaction score
I have a pretty small powder room that I am renovating. I need a 14"-rough in toilet and was looking at the Toto Carrollton. I noted that this toilet, because the bowl is moved back, does not extend out as far as the other "wide tank" 14-inchers. The question I still have is whether the size of the Carrollton would appear out of place in a very small powder room?

Thanks!

cst774s-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
I installed one of these in a cramped full bath, and I thought it looked great; having such a nice toilet kind of made up for the bathroom being so small. However, the toilet was in the corner where it wasn't sticking out in the walking path of the person entering the bathroom.

If your half bath is very small, and you risk banging into the toilet, you might want to go with a shorter round front toilet. The american standard cadet3 comes in a 14" rough-in, and the cadet3 is a pretty solid unit (it is basically a clone of the TOTO Drake I believe), however you might have to check the toilet for imperfections as american standard isn't as stringent in their quality control efforts as TOTO is. The cadet3 is a small and unobtrusive unit, but nowhere as stylish as the TOTO model you are considering.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Cadet 3 round front would stick out farther into the room than the elongated Carrollton.

And the styles are not even close.
If you are looking for a traditional style, then the Carrollton has that in batches.

Cadet 3 round front 14" is 30-1/4"
Toto Drake RF, 12" on 14",29-1/2"
Toto Carrollton with 14" is 28-3/4"

Last edited:

RonnyK

Reaction score
Thanks guys. My current toilet is a small round front, but given that it is a 12-inch rough-in, it comes out practically the same distance as the Carrollton would from its set back position. I was concerned more with the overall look of the toilet's elongated bowl and what appears from pictures to be a larger scale base. It sounds like I should have no worries-- I live in an older home and want that traditional look.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks