Toto Carolina yard sale score???? (Help I.D.?) Got any tips, advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

StaceyNeil

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
After MUCH research I had decided on an American Standard Cadet 3 One-Piece toilet for our remodel of my daughter's bathroom. I just didn't have the budget for another Toto (we have the Aquia III in our master) and Lowes sells the Cadet for $255. I actually bought it this morning, but haven't picked it up yet.

Then... at a yard sale in a chi-chi area of town I found a nearly brand-new Toto Carolina with washlet. It had only been installed a few months. Nothing wrong with it, they just found the washlet too hard to clean. I bought it for $150, including the uni-fit adapter.

My daughter doesn't want the washlet, so I will maybe keep that to install on our Aquia sometime down the road... but what do you think of the Carolina?

At least, I THINK it's a Carolina. The inside of the bowl says C884. I am guessing it is the older 1.6 model. How can I tell exactly what model it is? The washlet is model # SW844.

Am I going to be pleased with this model? Does it flush well, does the bowl clean out OK? (That's a problem with our Aquia!) Any caveats we should know about?

Thank you!!

StaceyNeil

Reaction score
I don't know. They were elderly. And the store they bought it at had closed, so they probably had no idea where to get seat for it... But the washlet looks like it comes right off: it's just bolted to the normal seat bolt holes. Am I wrong about that???

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Carolina will use most standard elongated seats, however getting the Washlet is a real bonanza. Good job on picking up both of them.
The Toto Washlets allow you to push in the side clip and slip them off for cleaning.
They must not have been people that read owners manuals. You got a killer deal.

StaceyNeil

Reaction score
Thanks Terry- I'm very pleased! I think I will get one of the SS204 seats like our Aquia III has. I am not sure I like the downward-sloping ones that come with the Carolina normally.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks