TOTO Carolina comments?

Users who are viewing this thread

treegirl

Reaction score
Ever since I moved last year, I've been reading this forum and eyeing up the 'right' toilet. I was thinking about the Ultramax because it seems to be the favourite, but 'm not sold on how it looks... don't get me wrong- it's nice, but it's a bit neutral or something.

Now I've been taking a look at the Carolina. I like the lower tank and the touch of squareness (I bought a neptune baths "zen" tub which has a really square style), but how is the flush? Is it quiet? That's the big thing for me.
I saw something in a Soiree/guinevere post about a dripping noise to do with the unifit? Old house and tenants down- noise is a big deal.
Cost matters, but I'm happy with a balance....

(any suggestions for a sink would be well received too! I'm trying to keep it traditional, but timeless. I love the kohler stance shower set, but the sink faucet is terrible!)

ok- now i was able to find some info that didn't come up when i searched- weird! does it only come in elongated? hmmm

The Unifit Adapter has been redesigned and it's now perfectly quiet. I have the new version in the main bath, and it's silent. posted by Terry Love June 16th 2012

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The dripping sound question comes up fairly often. This sound is from a few drops of water falling on to the PVC Unifit adapter for a "very" short time after the flush. Most people that notice it at first, but after a couple of days, they are accustomed to it and it is no longer bothersome. When any low flush toilet is flushed, the water is released very quickly in order to get the job done, so there will be some sound, but it is brief...after all, there is only 1.28 or 1.6 gallons of water released, so it can't last very long. The elongated bowl is becoming more and more the standard. Round bowls are not male friendly, so most folks prefer the elongated. Of course there will always be round bowls, but not in every model. As far as the sinks question is concerned, just keep looking until you find something you like.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most of the upgrade toilets "are" elongated. I only suggest round, if a door is hitting the bowl, and no man would use a round bowl, if an elongated bowl was an option.
Whatever sound they may be last seconds. After all, you just flushed a toilet. Water went down the drain. It's a pretty weak complaint. I've sold hundreds and hundreds of toilets using the adapter, and most of those are repeat sales.

I've only sold a few of the Carolina's, with the low tank, I wouldn't put it at the top of performance, but it does work very well. I had one dentist in Houston that uses it for his office.
Like the rest of the Toto line, parts are pretty much interchangeable and available at most hardware stores.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks