Toto Carlyle vs. Toto Ultramax: Capacity?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by MGT_M, Jun 17, 2010.

1. MGT_M

MGT_M New Member

Hello--
    A couple of years ago we installed a Toto Carlyle in our downstairs bathroom. I chose a Toto because my husband is a champion toilet-clogger, and chose the Carlyle because I had only a 10" rough in to work with.

For the most part the Carlyle has worked well, but my husband still manages to clog it once in a while. (Not nearly as often as with the old toilet, though.)

Now we are getting ready to do put a new toilet in the upstairs. This bathroom has a normal 12" rough-in. This means more choices of toilets--- I am considering the UltraMax, but I want to get something with at least equal capacity to the Carlyle. How do they compare? (The upstairs almost never clogs anyway, probably due to the bigger "drop" from upstairs to the sewer but I want to be sure.)

Thanks,
    M
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The ADA Ultramax would be the better of the two, MS854114SL
    The added 2" from bowl to floor helps.

Though more then half of the Toto lines is Carlyle or better.
    Carlyle is in the middle of the Toto as far as performance. A little plus or minus.