Toto Carlyle leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

tsmith

Reaction score
Hello,

I installed a Toto Carlyle in a second-floor bathroom just over a year ago. A few days ago, I noticed water stains on the ceiling of the room directly underneath the toilet. I stopped using that toilet for a few days (but did not turn off the water supply), and the water stains became smaller in size.

Thinking that the wax ring might be leaking, I pulled the toilet and replaced the wax ring. I returned the toilet to service, and the next day there were water stains on my (freshly painted) ceiling.

I turned the water supply off last night, marked the water level in the tank, and this morning the tank was nearly dry. The water level in the bowl was normal.

There's no visible water on the floor around the toilet.

Where could the water be leaking? The UniFit rough-in?

Thanks for your help.

Tim

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If the water level drops in the tank, then either
the flapper is leaking, (Replace and recheck)
The flush valve is leaking between the valve and the tank
There is a crack somewhere

No water on the floor is curious.
However, if the flapper was leaking, you would get cold water in the tank, and the tank could sweat.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks