TOTO Aquia, Shut off Valve blocking

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike Ike

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
I just purchased the flange extender kit along with the metal repair ring.
Do I stack the flange extenders with the top being the metal ring for the new height to be flush with the floor ? or just a bit over the floor? and THEN put the wax ring on top?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
FIrst, you need to clean up the existing flange surface so you can get a good seal between that and the extenders. Getting the top surface of your stack close to the finished flooring should be enough, but if it were a new install, keep in mind that the entire rim of the flange is designed to sit on TOP of the finished floor, and be anchored through it. As long as you get things closer, you should be okay. Depending on the exact elevation, you might get by with a standard wax ring, might need a jumbo, or at worst case, two stacked (then use one with a horn on top, and a normal one below).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks