Toto Aquia Seat Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

flypond

Reaction score
I have recently installed a Toto Aquia and we love it. One problem we are having is with the seat. We have the SS204 and the lid wants to fall down right after you lift it. The toilet is level so it is not a level issue. I think it has to do with the hydrolics. When you lift the seat up you have to hold it just long enough for the reverse hydrolic pressure to release or it will tip it back down. Has anyone experienced this? Any help would be appreciated.

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I assume you are referring to the self close seat. No problems with mine.
Maybe you just got a lemon..and should get it exchanged.
Terry can further comment-he installs them.

Mike50

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You have to lift the seat all the way up first. (against the tank)

Then when you set it down, it will go slow.

If you lift it up only a little way, the slow close doesn't take affect.

flypond

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses. Terry I think I might have worded my post wrong. I am lifting the seat all the way to the tank. The problem is this. When I come in to use the bathroom, I lift the seat and lid all the way to the tank. If I do not hold the seat back against the tank for a couple seconds it falls back down. It seems there is something in the hydrolics that forces the seat back just enough to tip it toward the closing postion (which can cause a mess with the kidos) I do not have the installation instructions anymore. Is there something I might have done wrong in the installing of the lid. Maybe the seat has to be in a certain position before attatching it to the toilet.....:confused: Thanks again for hosting such a great forum...

ss3964spd

Reaction score
While we're talking about Aquia seats.....

I see the toilet spec sheet lists the SS204 and the SS114 as suggested seats. Both the descriptions are basically the same.

What's the difference between the two?

Dan

Danthelawyer

Reaction score
Aquia seat issue

flypond said:
Thanks for the quick responses. Terry I think I might have worded my post wrong. I am lifting the seat all the way to the tank. The problem is this. When I come in to use the bathroom, I lift the seat and lid all the way to the tank. If I do not hold the seat back against the tank for a couple seconds it falls back down. It seems there is something in the hydrolics that forces the seat back just enough to tip it toward the closing postion (which can cause a mess with the kidos) I do not have the installation instructions anymore. Is there something I might have done wrong in the installing of the lid. Maybe the seat has to be in a certain position before attatching it to the toilet.....:confused: Thanks again for hosting such a great forum...

After some initial euphoria (I still like the looks, the cleanliness of the skirted design, and the amazing flush), I find I'm having the same issue as flypond on the seat closing. My boys tell me they stand there with one hand holding the seat up. As for me, I push it back against the lid a few times to make sure it stays up. Frankly, there just doesn't seem to be enough room for the lid and the seat. Should I call Toto to ask for a new one?

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Seat Problem

Toto seats have a one year warranty, if it is under a year return back to where you bought it. If they won't you can call 1-888-295-8134 press 4 and you will get thier Technical dept. They will help you, they will most likely ask you when and where you bought it from.

The difference between the SS204 and the SS114 is the style. The SS204 is an Oval soft close seat which looks great on a oval looking toilet like the Aquia. The SS114 is a Standard looking seat which will fit any style toilet.

brdss

Reaction score
Same problem! GRRRR!!!!! Toilet seat will not stay up unless you hold it for a few seconds. Just shot out an email to Toto and will see what they say.

tuiuiu

Reaction score
Hello,
just bought 5 toilets and have the same issue with the first 2 toilet seats I installed. The seat takes holding up to the top for several seconds before it is actually staying there. Is this normal? Did we install it wrong?
Any suggestion on how to fix the problem? The toilet has been installed properly and it is leveled.
Thank you.

tuiuiu

Reaction score
Thank you Terry. Yes, we have the SS204 seats. Is it going to change (get better with time)?

My plumber is installing all these toilets and hates them. He has 3 more to install. Where can I find out exactly directions to make it easier for him. All 2 toilets he installed currently slightly wobble. If I grab them from the tip (from of where you sit) and lift, they will lift off the ground easily. Is this normal? Which step is he missing?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Here are instructions
https://terrylove.com/forums/index....ion-instructions-written-by-jamie-love.12606/

Your may want to install with the SS114 seats.
The bowls should not wobble though. They attach with two screws at the back, and the bowl should be caulked to the floor.

aquia_install_fig_5.jpg

tuiuiu

Reaction score
Thank you! I hope the caulking will take care of the slight 'wobbly' feel when sitting on the toilet. They are currently not caulked.
How do we know that the screws in the back of the toilet are engaging properly on the two little blocks?

I will try to see if we can exchange the seats for the other model and see if that solves the problem with the seat having a hard time staying up.
Can the other model be installed on an 'installed toilet' the same way?
Thank you.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The bowl should have been shimmed before any caulking. We shim at the back and force the front of the bowl down to the floor.

The installation of the SS204 seat and the SS114 is the same. You would reuse the same toggle bolts that the other seat was using.

thu9090r-05.jpg

TOTO Aquia with the SW2024 Washlet. I installed this one today.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks