Toto Aquia Installation De-Brief

Users who are viewing this thread

rgorke

Reaction score
I recently installed two Toto Aquia's in my home. I was a bit worried based on some discussion here but found them not as difficult as expected and am thoroughly pleased with them now. Based on EPA's WaterSense program (similar to EnergyStar for some water products) with a dual flush system you take the average of 2 smaller flushes (0.9) for every larger flush (1.6) to determine your average flush volume. For the Aquia, that would be 1.13 gallons per flush. Not too shabby. I haven't even really had the skid mark problem that others have mentioned. Although we do keep a brush near.

Here are a couple of thoughts for installation to hopefully help those who may want to install one in the future:

1) Use a good bit and drill for the holes in tile. I used a Milwaukee Magnum corded drill that had plenty of power. I only burned through one bit that was a specific glass and tile bit.
2) 1/4" is NOT the right size bit. I would argue using a 3/8" bit. I had to clip the anchors because the hole wasn't big enough for the top part of them even using a 5/16" bit.
3) Throw away the lag screws they give you and get some 1/4" x 2" or 2 1/4" lag bolts (what ever size matches the enclosed screws) from your local hardware store. It is sooo much easier to use a socket wrench on the bolts than try to use a screw driver on it.
4) Put the toilet seat on before sliding the bowl in place. (Yes, the instructions said to do that but I missed that part. : ))

The ONLY problem I am having now is leveling one on a floor that isn't level. But that isn't a TOTO Aquia problem, it is a floor problem.

Finally, thanks to those who posted Aquia installation stories in the past that helped my installation enormously.

Roger

Complete Instructions for the Aquia written by Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Aquia comes with black rubber toggles for the seat that drop in from the top.
Drop the toggles in the holes, set the seat over it, then use the stainless screws that come with the toggles and tighten down the seat.
We always install the seats last.

To make a screw go better into wood, rub the threads of the screw on a bar of soap.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks