Toto Aquia II - Rough-in Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Arnav

Reaction score
Hi,

Tiling hasn't finished, but I figured I'll dry fit my Aquia II for kicks.

I searched the forum and saw that Terry was able to install the Aquia II on a 11.5" rough in and even an 11" rough-in.

I wonder how you do it Terry. My rough in is 11.25". If I "cheat" by moving the bolts and socket as far forward as I can, I can get 11.5" (as measured to the center of the Aquia gray adapter). However, the tank is still pitched half a bubble forward (see pics). The Tank is just resting on the toilet in the pic. It is not bolted down.

I am missing any another cheats?

If I can't get it to work, the toilet will go in another room and I'll get instead the 10" rough in version while "cheating" the other way (to reduce the gap).

Does the Kohler Persuade has more give?

Relevant details:
Toilet: Toto Aquia II CST416M#01 (12" Rough-in)
Rough in: 11.25". Straight to the wall. Wall not tiled.
Flange: 3.5" Sioux Chief metal flange. Flange is already pvc glued in and bolted to concrete slab with tapcons.

Thx!

Attachments

• IMG_2703.JPG
    IMG_2703.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_2704.JPG
    IMG_2704.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 511

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The cheat is that you move the adapter farther away from the wall.
With the 11.25", you should be able to move the adapter out 1/2".
You have a 2" waste line dropping into a 3" drain.

Arnav

Reaction score
I played with it some more today. I was able to get it to work and dry fit everything.

The adapter sits about 1/4" over the flange (see pic). If you think that is an issue, please let me know.

Also, the T-bolts sit really close to the opening of the slot. In fact, they poped out during the dummy install which is not good. I'll see if perhaps I can rectify it with a repair flange (since the current flange is already tapcon'd to the floor).

In the process of doing all that, I did notice something I didn't like. I noticed a smear of silicone on the bottom of the toilet Toto used to hide or repair it (see pic). I pealed the silicone a little and it is covering a hairline crack (you can see it if you are looking at the pic very carefully). Quite disappointing. Do you think I should return the toilet to HD for another? have you seen something like that before? Shouldn't the toilet have been rejected at the factory?

Attachments

• IMG_2706.JPG
    IMG_2706.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_2709.JPG
    IMG_2709.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 381

Reach4

Reaction score
Try putting your level on the bowl. Is the bowl maybe leaning toward the wall?

Arnav

Reaction score
bump to whether you think I should return the toilet (see post above about hairline crack that was covered with silicone in the factory). Thx!

Arnav

Reaction score
hmm, the box was sealed from the factory. It is a hairline crack inside the toilet (on the bottom). ok, so i take it is not common and i'll exchange it. Thx

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks