Toto Aquia II flush problem

Users who are viewing this thread

LenBH

Reaction score
I have three Aquia II toilets, and all exhibit the same problem, all within a few months of installing them. Pressing the smaller button gives a smaller flush, but pressing the larger button also just gives a smaller flush. I can get the larger flush by holding either of the buttons down until the flush completes. I got looking at the valve mechanism on one of the toilets, and it looks like a sliding piece doesn't move up and down quite as freely as it could (it's not jamming or tight at all, though). We live in the city (Toronto), with very good water - not hard, no rust or other residue in the tank, etc.

Any suggestions what I can do to get all of the toilets working right again? I can't justify (and don't think I need) a water softener or other such hardware.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Len

LenBH

Reaction score
See page 5 of http://assets.totousa.com/product-files/0GU031_DUAL_FLUSH_TOILET_IM.pdf for how to adjust the main flush by raising the water level.

I also see instructions on how to adjust the low flush once that has been done. http://assets.totousa.com/product-files/0GU054_Adjusting_Flush_Valve_Float_IM.pdf

Thanks for the suggestion, however this isn't a level issue, as far as I can tell. The toilets all worked fine until a few months after they were installed. Nothing has been adjusted since. From what I can tell, the sliding ring seems to not slide quite as smoothly as when it was new - maybe some very fine accumulation on the mechanism components (from the water?), or something like that.

Given that 3 out of 3 toilets failed within a few months of being installed, I can't believe I'm the only person to experience this, am I?! (Maybe I'm just that one unlucky guy?!)

Thanks.
Len

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The rod that activates the flush mechanism may need some slack taken out of it so you are pushing it down to get a full stroke.

LenBH

Reaction score
The rod that activates the flush mechanism may need some slack taken out of it so you are pushing it down to get a full stroke.
Thanks for the suggestion, Jim.
I removed the tank lid and pushed directly onto the buttons, both softly (just enough to get it to flush) and firmly (as far as the button will go), and no difference. I still only get a 'small' flush.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks