Toto Aquia high efficiency toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Jnov

Reaction score
aquia_inside_tank.jpg

Looks and flushes great. Lil' worried about the small water spot handling the deuce, but she came thru and delivered it better than UPS. And yes, there is a strange leaking sound that lasts for about 3 secs coming from the back of the trap after flushing. Sounded so much like it was leaking onto the tile, but I guess it's normal.

aquia_angle.jpg

One word of caution- installation requires several holes to be drilled in the floor. I had to use a tile drill bit followed with a concrete bit. To top it off, the toilet came with the wrong sized anchors! Couldn't believe it so I called Toto and one of the techs confirmed. The anchors for the mounting blocks were not only way too large for a 1/4" hole, but were dry wall anchors!! Had to go to the old Home Despot to pick up some conrete anchors and new screws. Anyone else have this problem??

aquia_top_view.jpg

ALso, I can't seem to stop a reeeeally slow leak coming from one of the bolts securing the tank to the bowl. I think I've tightened it as much as it will go and it still drips. What's the deal (it's one of those screws that cover a huge rubber washer)???

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jnov

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I managed to stop the leaking after several more attempts. However, I had to really crank that sucker tight. Q: Will it cause any long term damage or premature gasket wearing if I leave it screwed in that tight? Or better to risk taking it off again and sanding it down as you suggested?

Thanks, I'll work on getting you some pics as well.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Those tank to bowl bolt/washer combo are slightly similar to the ones which they used with the Pacifica toilets and we have had quite a few leak problems with the Pacifica two pieces if the castings are not perfect.

Some toilet sets had to be sent back due to casting imperfections. I personally feel that hypertightening of fixtures indicates poor product design.
In the case of the Pacificas, no amount of tightening stopped the leaking.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks