Toto Aquia gets top flush rating, Good Housekeeping Institute

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Terry, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Good Housekeeping Institute​
    For a quieter option, pick the gravity-fed, dual-flush Toto Aquia ($417.50). It has an extra-low 0.9-GPF small flush for liquid waste, and its 1.6-gallon full flush was tops in the Good Housekeeping Research Institute's clog tests.
    Gerber Ultra Dual-Flush ($367) took the top spot, with two pressure-assisted flush strengths. You push down for a smaller flush (1.1 GPF) or pull up for a larger one (1.6 GPF) if desired. But since the smaller one performed just as well as the large on all clog tests, Good Housekeeping recommends using the low exclusively, for even greater water savings. Pressure assistance uses a mechanism in the tank to propel water downward. It's usually most effective, but it can be noisier.
    The panel of experts rated the Kohler's Highline Comfort Height ($517) tops for appearance.
    Pictures below.

The magazine also recommends the quieter, gravity-fed Toto 1.28-GPF Eco Drake ($318)

The story and the video

Toilet paper poll

The Gerber with EcoFlush DF-21-318

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  2. nnotsoo

nnotsoo New Member

New Aquia's to be released soon , I and II

and what about the Toto Eco Gwyneth in Sanagloss??
    Rating?
    Customer had returned a MS974224CFG - Guinevereâ„¢ Toilet - SanaGloss, claimed to be too noisy. Must have been the water going through the "unifit". So Toto suggested to pack the skirted chamber with foam. Toto also said they are going to stop making the Unifit models and replace them with flow through china trapways.
  3. Terry

And yet I've sold dozens of the Soiree and the Guinevere toilets, most of the customers started with one or two, and then ordered more. One customer in Medina wound of with five Guineveres.
    I've had very good comments from the owners.
    You will always have customers that think water should move very quietly when flushed though.
    Kohler used to make a "very" quiet one about 30 years ago, it took 9.5 gallons to flush and required a 1/2" supply tube, not the 3/8" we now use.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  4. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

I have 3 Soiree's in my home and not sure where the noise problem would be, it flushes in about two seconds and refills in about 5 seconds and no noise.
    I have had complaints and have heard it myself, when you are adding liquids or solids to the bowl you can hear it dripping into the Uni-fit. As soon as you flush and it refills the noise stops.

I have not heard about Toto stopping the Uni-fit rough-ins as a regular china trapway would limit the toilets to 12" rough-in's unless they produce 10's & 14" rough in toilets as well but i doubt they would do that.

I haven't sold any Gwyneth's yet but i think they will be a big seller as they have everything you would want in a low flush toilet. Toto is also releasing the Gwyneth in two piece as well.

[​IMG]
    TOTO Guinevere
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2008
  5. lisabee

lisabee New Member

difference between aquia I & II?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2008
  6. Terry

The Aquia I and the Aquia II will be very similar.
    I haven't installed a II at this point.
    Tank parts will be the same, the flange adapter is a little different on the II.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  7. lisabee

lisabee New Member

thanks!

thank you so much! now i just have to find a way to get one. the closest dealer (by a lot) is a to-the-trade-only place. hate that.