Toto Aquia dual flush price & availability

Users who are viewing this thread

OZ324

Reaction score
I'm planning a powder room upgrade and decided on the Aquia dual flush based on the reviews here. It's a small powder room and I like the size of this toilet. The dual flush seems like a good idea too since most guests would like use the bathroom upstairs when going #2. Thus taking advantage of the lower gpf flush for the smaller main floor bath.

Anyway, I've been searching online and found it for about 360 sans seat. But totousa.com has it for 597. What's the difference between what toto is selling and sites like wayfarer or build.com? Could they be refurbishes?

Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A toilet sells for whatever the company wants to charge for it. They do NOT "refurbish" toilets. If you order one online you are gambling that it arrives in one piece, and that is a big gamble. The prices have to cover the costs of replacing broken units. Kohler had to ship me three toilets before I got a good one.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Suggested list price is often an illusion on many products, including toilets. Many, not all, sellers will offer it for less. If you were to call 5 local dealers, you might get five different prices, and some of them might come close to an internet price, if not beat it. Then, you could verify it is entirely intact before taking it home. Porcelain ships much better on a full pallet rather than singly.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
One way to your question is to say that Toto promulgates insanely-high MSRPs for its products. If you have some schwanky designer working for you, he/she is going to put the MSRP on the bill, but acquire it for the kind of prices that you're quoting. Anyone else, including an excellent plumber, is going to charge you a good deal less than the Toto suggested retail price. Jim's post above has a succinct outline of a good way to call around and check locally for prices. Open the yellow pages and look up plumbing supply. Call 5 close by regardless of whether they advertise Toto, because most can get it from their distributor. Call five because a few will have crappy prices or be nasty people. Give them the exact model number and color you want to price, just like a pro would do. If you want to chit chat with them about models and recommendations and stuff, that makes you a higher-hassle customer who isn't going to get their best price, so don't do it. Make your own decisions just like you would do if you were going to order online. Usually one of the five places will be nice and have a good price that you can compare to other channels. Don't mention the Internet price you found, because theirs might otherwise be lower. Just act like you know what you're doing and you are more likely to be treated like their customers who know what they are doing. If you want help with the meanings of model numbers and letters, come back here and we'll interpret for you.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
aquia_button.jpg

Do you want a label like this on the top of your toilet tank? Maybe the label is intended to be temporary.
Do you think there will be a learning curve for novice users?

OZ324

Reaction score
One way to your question is to say that Toto promulgates insanely-high MSRPs for its products. If you have some schwanky designer working for you, he/she is going to put the MSRP on the bill, but acquire it for the kind of prices that you're quoting. Anyone else, including an excellent plumber, is going to charge you a good deal less than the Toto suggested retail price. Jim's post above has a succinct outline of a good way to call around and check locally for prices. Open the yellow pages and look up plumbing supply. Call 5 close by regardless of whether they advertise Toto, because most can get it from their distributor. Call five because a few will have crappy prices or be nasty people. Give them the exact model number and color you want to price, just like a pro would do. If you want to chit chat with them about models and recommendations and stuff, that makes you a higher-hassle customer who isn't going to get their best price, so don't do it. Make your own decisions just like you would do if you were going to order online. Usually one of the five places will be nice and have a good price that you can compare to other channels. Don't mention the Internet price you found, because theirs might otherwise be lower. Just act like you know what you're doing and you are more likely to be treated like their customers who know what they are doing. If you want help with the meanings of model numbers and letters, come back here and we'll interpret for you.

Great feedback, thanks. I'm a class B builder and I often chat with my vendors because I want a good relationship. You are correct that most times people are short tempered and ill-mannered. But you can't control others right. We only have control over our own behavior and I don't like being rude. So I'm nice even when it doesn't make sense to be.

As far as the label on top of the tank, I think most people have an idea how these things operate so I probably wouldn't have one there. I was thinking of coming up with some sort of creative sign to put on the wall. Maybe I just stop inviting people over all together:)

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Absolutely! By the way, Terry often says on here that he gets great feedback from the customers for whom he installs Aquias. Almost no complaints/returns. He says they just call and order more. So it's a choice I think you will be happy with. You can just peel that sticker off if you like. I personally kind of like the design of the push button.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks