Toto Aquia and Chloe Washlet

Users who are viewing this thread

Johnl

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience attaching a Chloe Washlet to a Toto Aquia toilet? It doesn't seem like it will work to attach the valve to the bottom of the tank due to accessibility problems once the toilet is in place. Any advice?

Last edited:

Terry Love

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That may be a tough one.

The Toto Washlet uses the tank inlet for the water connection.
However, the Aquia tank inlet is well hidden.

With the Biobidet, that connection is at the wall shutoff, and not at the tank inlet.

thu9090r-04.jpg

THU9090R adapter on an Aquia

thu9090r-01.jpg

THU9090R

c100-old-01.jpg

TOTO Chloe Washlet on an Ultramax

TOTO SW2034#01 C100 WASHLET Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat, Elongated, Cotton White

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnl

Reaction score
What if?

Terry,

Do you think I could put a flexible hose from the connection on the tank to the valve, and put another flexible hose from the valve to the wall connection? Then tuck the valve away behind the unit (or attach it to the wall for stability if that's necessary)?

Also, I've read in some of the posts that the plastic drain connection on the Aquia makes a trickling noise when liquid enters the bowl. Would wrapping this with insulation before sliding the toilet in place quiet this? Or is it really not that noticeable? The toilet will be in a master bath and it would be best if it was a s quiet as possible.

Johnl

Reaction score
Got it done!

For anyone who is interested, I figured out a way to attach the Chloe Washlet to the Aquia without too much pain.

I bought a cheap replacement ballcock assembly and sawed off the 7/8 threaded pipe, which gave me a piece of 7/8 threaded pipe about 3 inches long.

I also bought three 12-inch supply lines and a 3/8-inch brass connector with male threads on either end. About $12 total. (Why 12-inch lines? As I worked out the logistics beforehand, I found that lines shorter than 12 inches wouldn't work within the given space due to kinking).

I attached two of the supply lines together using the 3/8 connector, leaving me with a line that has two 7/8-inch female ends. The 3-inch threaded pipe piece was attached to the Chloe valve assembly, the newly made supply line to the tank before attaching it to the base, and then to the 3-inch pipe that I had attached to the Chloe valve assembly. The third supply line was used to go from the valve assembly to the water inlet on the wall.

It all went together quite easily, and no leaks, vibration, or problems yet. Since the toilet is in a location where the left side of it is not seen, all the plumbing hides neatly behind and beside the toilet and I have easy access to the valve for maintenance.

The moral of the story: If you are buying an Aquia and then buying a washlet for it, buy a brand that has the valve down at the wall inlet. But if you already have a Toto Washlet and want to reuse it on the Aquia (as I did), you can make it work!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks