Toto Aquia and a 11.25" rough in?

Users who are viewing this thread

JAHarris

Reaction score
Hi,

Been lurking here awhile, first post.

Thanks to Terry and everyone else who posts here. This has been a great resource for me.

I need to replace all three of my toilets. I am starting in the master bath and I have pulled the old toilet to verify the rough in before ordering. I had settled on getting a Toto Aquia, but now that I find my rough in short by .75" I am wondering if it will squeeze in. Anyone out there now if it will fit on a short rough in or will I have to get a toilet with a 10" rough in? If I do need a 10" rough in toilet what do you folks recommend?

Thanks in Advance

Jesse

Spokaneman

Reaction score
Is the 11.25 from the baseboard or the wall board? If from the baseboard, you could always trim the baseboardaround the toilet.

I would think if your old toilet fit, it was most likely a 12 in RI so the new one should fit as well. I installed a Toto Vespin that used the unifit, on a 12" rough in and the tank sits about 3/4 of an inch from the wall so there is a bit of play.

If it were me, I would buy at least one of the units locally, even if it costs a bit more to be sure that it fits so if you have to return it its not a huge shipping hassle.

JAHarris

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

It is 11.25" from the wallboard. I had pretty much made up my mind to give it a go when I came across an old post by Terry stating that the Aquia would install ok on a rough in of 11.50"+. Upon researching the Drake I found the install instructions posted by Terry's son in which he says the Drake will install on a rough in as short as 11.0" I have so many projects going on that I need this to go smoothly and quickly so I picked up a Drake today. Hopefully I can have it in tonight.

With any luck I will be able to use Aquias in my other two bathrooms. It will make the most difference in my downstairs 1/2 bath as it gets the heaviest use.

Thanks again.

Jesse

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks