Totally confused with Aquia II, What do I have? <w/pics>

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveFred

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, but I browsed here before I bought my two Toto's.

My problem is that the manual in the tank does match my bowl. The manual shows the bowl with a rear exit, and my bowl has a bottom exit.

These are supposed to be Toto Aquia II toilets. The bowl I have is pn# CT416#01 and the tank is pn# ST416M#01.

Do I have the wrong manual or the wrong tank? Or do I just have no idea what I am doing?

Take a look at the pics and see if you can help me out,

Attachments

• toto1.jpg
    toto1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,117
  • toto2.jpg
    toto2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,080
  • toto3.jpg
    toto3.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,051
  • toto4.jpg
    toto4.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,100
  • toto5.jpg
    toto5.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,107

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The manual there has instructions for the CST414m, CST416M and CST464MF

You just have to read the parts for the CST416M
The parts you have are correct.
On my invoices, I always list the tank and bowl number.
That way my customers aren't confused.

Aquia Instructions by Jamie

Last edited:

DaveFred

Reaction score
What is the real min distance?

If you look at the photo, I am pretty much screwed. Rough in done, tile in, baseboard and quarter round in. I only have about 10-7/8" where the manual says I need 12". I can remove the quarter round, but that only gets me to 11-5/8". Arrg.

What is confusing to me is that I am supposed to have a Toto II, pn# CST416M, which is supposed to made up with a CT416 and a ST413M. I have the CT416, but I don't have an ST413M, I have a ST416M. Has the part number changed?

TOTO CST416M Spec Sheet listing part numbers

CST414M consisting of CT414 bowl and ST413M tank
CST416M consisting of CT416 bowl and ST416M tank
CST416MF consisting of CT464F bowl ans ST464M tank
Thanks for your help,

David.

Attachments

• toto6.jpg
    toto6.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,195
Last edited by a moderator:

Reader Review

Comments by readers
Reaction score
Emails and phone calls sent in by readers
Website
www.terrylove.com
If you set the bowl down, you will see you are not screwed.

The upper part where the tank is, will work at 11.5"

Slow down, take a breath, and start installing.

CST414M consisting of CT414 bowl and ST413M tank
CST416M consisting of CT416 bowl and ST416M tank
CST416MF consisting of CT464F bowl ans ST464M tank

Last edited by a moderator:

theBigSee

DIY Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I finally was able to install my Aquia II this weekend. What a beauty! It's like a work of art in the bathroom. It completely transforms the space and makes everything look modern.

Installation took about 2.5 hours for me working by myself and going extra slow and being VERY careful. It was pretty straightforward and the instructions posted by Terry Love were a nice help. Drilling the holes through travertine and slab took a bit of time but went easier than I thought. Hardest part was getting the white anchors in -- the holes were plenty deep but I couldn't get 3 of them flush with the floor -- about 1/2" still stuck out. I cleaned out the holes with a vacuum and tried again but still wouldn't go down. In the end I trimmed the extra plastic off with a knife. Also -- a couple screws were really tough to set all the way in. Almost stripped the screwhead doing it.

Installing the tank was a breeze, had it running in 10 minutes once the tank was on. It works great -- flushes everything just fine, very quiet and quick. Not one clog yet, may it ever be so (my Eljer clogged every other day it seemed!).

My only cavaets:

1. It's unfortunate that the hose can only be disconnected by removing the tank. My hose started leaking where it connects to the tank and I had to tear it all apart. Not a big deal, only takes about 10 minutes, and it's worth it to have such a cool-looking toilet, but it's something people should know about (don't be like me and re-use your old hose -- get a new one and it won't leak! ;-) ).

2. There's a decent-sized "lake" in the bowl, but (excuse the following frank discussion) if your bowel movement is large and/or not cylindrical, it will not be fully submerged and you'll get odor while you're on the toilet. Personally, I think this is a minor trade-off, and if anything will motivate you to not linger on the toilet too long, which isn't great for your body according to what I've heard from doctors. Just something to keep in mind.

Many thanks to Terry Love and Co. for the recommendation, for helping me with finding out if the Aquia would fit with my rough-in, and for the installation guide -- it is all very much appreciated!

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I recieved mine yesterday and it's a lot nicer than the Aquia III in style a lot sleaker.
I also recieved the MS634164CEFG-01 Supreme II with the new SS164 seat.
The seat looks similar to the SS114 but it is not as conclave, which some people have complained is uncomfortable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks