Top Fed Tank Toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Hackney plumbing, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Hackney plumbing

Hackney plumbing Homeowner

This pic is of a top fed toilet with a fluidmaster installed. As you can see from the pic its been there working along time.

I installed it over 15 years ago. Saved the lady 100.00 on a POS top fed ballcock.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2012
  2. rap

rap New Member

Hackney, thank you for the pic. If it's been working in place for 15 years then fine. However, i cant quite grasp whats going on - is the drop from the valve feeding the fluidmaster?
  3. Hackney plumbing

Hackney plumbing Homeowner

Yes,you are correct.
  4. rap

rap New Member

Thanks again, it's an interesting set-up. I've never seen anything like that although i am familiar with ball-cocks and floats, mostly side-fed and occasionally bottom fed. Is the pic wc a typical, close couple wc, or a low level wc with a flush pipe? One other thing (thats probably pic perspective) the fluidmaster seems awfully low compared to the o/flow tube.
    As a matter of interest, whats the opinion on cutting an inch or two off an o/flow tube?