Top distributer/upper basket not fiting over inside tube...Fleck 7000sxt

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by amateurplumber1, Jul 23, 2013.

1. amateurplumber1

amateurplumber1 Member

Top distributor basket not fitting over inside tube...Fleck 7000sxt

This installation has been a freaking nightmare. I am attempting to install this softener and want to install the basket that fits on the bottom of the main valve and over the riser tube and it wont go over the riser tube. Like, it's not even close. What should I do? :mad:
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  2. amateurplumber1

amateurplumber1 Member

Sorry about the misspellings, I wrote this in a hurry and when i edited it only the internal title was changed.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I was sent a distributor basket for every other fleck model besides the 7000sxt. Great. Hope they fix it, and fast.
  3. Mikey

Mikey Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek

According to Fleck's spec sheet, the 7000sxt comes with either a 1.05" or 32mm (1.26") distributor pilot. Apparently you've got the larger size (maybe to provide a higher flow rate), but they sent a 1.05" basket. If your distributor tube looks to be around 1 1/4", and the basket you've got is around 1", that's the problem. Easily fixed if the dealer has the proper size in stock.
  4. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Another great deal from the Online Companies.

There was two, now there are three distributor sizes for the upper basket, the 1 and next size up are so close most can not tell the difference till it gets installed.

And then it is to late and time is eaten away..............
  5. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

When purchasing from online retailers, please search for their address. If it is a motorhome, a house, or a UPS store, please dont support this type of business. Water treatment equipment should be purchased from a company that actually services, installs, and maintains equipment, not just shuffles paperwork and maintains a website. No overhead, no employees, no stock or inventory, etc. Just some guy in his underwear eating cheetos and forwarding over orders to a distribution house.

You got a 32MM distributor, (high flow) and a 1.05" top screen. This is a common mistake, mixing top screens happens since there are 4 common sizes for residentail applications. 13/16", 1.05" (same as 3/4" PVC), 1.25" (same as 1" PVC), and 32 MM (1.26" OD). They should ship you out the new screen without a problem.