Toilets that work & have a comfortable seat width!

Users who are viewing this thread

shellb

Reaction score
I haven't seen this addressed.
Replacing an old one piece Am Stan Roma & checked out the Toto ultramax.
My toilet at the widest point 17 inches, Toto's is 15. I don't feel that these narrow toilets are very comfortable. I am 69 & of average weight and still feel this is an issue.
Any answers for a toilet that is comfortable in width, not just in height; and of course works very well.
Thanks! Shellb

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There are two seat sizes in American, Regular and Elongated.
Any hardware store will carry both.
And they will fit all toilets sold here.
You may want to go with a flat wood seat then.
Or Toto also makes a SS164 seat that is flatter, and the seat on the Soiree is flatter.

By the way, the Toto Ultramax is made in the USA.

Last edited:

shellb

Reaction score
Thanks Terry! That info is very helpful since I didn't care for the seat that came with the ultramax.
Do you know a good performing toilet that is wider than the average width?
So glad I found this site. I can't tell you the amount of time I've spent researching toilets on line. Gratefully Shellb

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Toto makes several seats that will fit...you might have to order it that way, or as Terry said, you can install any elongated seat on it that you want.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Now why would you replace a Roma with anything, unless you got tired of looking at it? The only difference between a standard elongated seat and a round one is the length. The Roma had a completely different seat profile which is why it is larger.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks