Toilets....skirted, compact recommendations please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lah

Reaction score
Morning,

I've looked at quite a few skirted compact toilets and ruled out a couple based on size (my floor space is 5' x 5' and I'd prefer something small to give the illusion of space). Toto Drake and Ultramax are out because of tank size. Kohler Persuade ruled out based on reviews of extraordinarily difficult install. Besides size, fully flushing is the next most important feature. Dual flush and one piece are nice to haves. Others I've considered - I'd really love to hear any experience with these.

Toto Aquia II - concerns over not fulling cleaning with flush - are these real concerns or really picky people?
American Standard Studio - anyone have experience with the AS toilets flushing? I can't find many reviews.
Caroma Somerton Smart 270 - can't find locally. not a lot info on them besides the company site.
EAGO TB346 Elongated One Piece Dual Ultra Low Flush Eco Friendly Toilet - liked the look, definitely made in China but so many are. Found 2 reviews and one complained about cheap plastic bolting something or other. Again, no info other than that I can find.
Inax Cedar - option - not in love with the looks. Again, no info other than that I can find.

I think I've done enough (too much) research and at this point, would like to hear real experiences so I can gain some confidence that what I choose will perform well.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The TOTO Aquia works fine for bowl wash. It's a washdown bowl, so most of the water comes from the rim and washes down.
Most bowl wash complaints are comparisons between toilets installed before the 90's. For twenty years now, "ALL" bowls have used less water. I did see an Aquia in a restaurant in North Bend the other day, it looked pretty nice.

The Aquia rinses better then the Caroma bowl. We sell a lot of both the Caroma and the Aquia.

Here is a Inax Dover we installed the other day. It's also a dual flush with skirted bowl.
Inax Dover

inax_dover_7.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks