toilet wont flush - gurgling

Users who are viewing this thread

paperlantern

Reaction score
Hi all - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Toilet has not been flushing properly - water rises to the top then stops. When I plunge all debris goes down.
I replaced the wax ring and made sure the drain pipe under the toilet was clear and it was.

The wierd part is sometimes I will hear the toilet randomly gurgling and bubbling when it is not in use. Usually after this the toilet will not work. Also one time this week I had some sewage back up into my bathtub.

I live in a condo complex and we are on a sewer. Any advice would be appreciated as I am trying to work on this myself.

Thanks in advance!

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
What floor are you on ?

Some condos do not allow you to work on some stuff.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

paperlantern

Reaction score
1st floor.

Yeah one reason why I posted is to try to figure out if its on me or them. If its the toilet its me, anything else could be them.

My upstairs neighbor recently re-did his bathroom too. Dont know if that would have to do with anything.

Thanks!

DonL

Reaction score
1st floor.

Yeah one reason why I posted is to try to figure out if its on me or them. If its the toilet its me, anything else could be them.

My upstairs neighbor recently re-did his bathroom too. Dont know if that would have to do with anything.

Thanks!

Normally the problem is on them , and they have to fix it at your expense.

Good Luck.

DonL

Reaction score
I know living downstairs when the sewer system has a problem is not a good thing.

Especially when You get the Poop from upstairs.

I think builders have overbuilt in some areas.

We have 3 and 4 story apartments and condos around here, They even have elevators.

When it rains it floods in Houston and the sewers do not work.

Good Luck.

Timothy LaDuca

Reaction score
I know living downstairs when the sewer system has a problem is not a good thing.

Ugh, unfortunately I know this too, and knowing "it" floating in the bathtub is not "mine" is just gross. (Don't get the wrong idea, not that I would dive right in if I knew "it" was "mine". lol)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks