Toilet with strongest flushing capability (Toto)

Users who are viewing this thread

tpup

Reaction score
We live in a brand new home and have builder grade toilets. My teen son clogs the toilet almost EVERY time. He is doing everything right (2 flushes, first w/out paper). Tearing paper/using small amounts. Our toilets just STINK. I have heard great things about Toto but am overwhelmed with the choices. We want to change out at least one, maybe 2 of the 4 toilets in the home. We are plunging every week and have HAD it. Recommendations appreciated!!

Reach4

Reaction score
I suggest you search prior posts. That gets discussed a lot. You will want to decide what you want from your new toilets beyond really good performance. For example, do you want a more elegant skirted appearance? For basic good performance, the Toto Entrada and Drakes have positive posts.

tpup

Reaction score
I suggest you search prior posts. That gets discussed a lot. You will want to decide what you want from your new toilets beyond really good performance. For example, do you want a more elegant skirted appearance? For basic good performance, the Toto Entrada and Drakes have positive posts.

Thank you! I did read about wider "flush valves" - not sure what part this is, but I assume wider is better/less chance of clog? We aren't handy so will probably have a plumber install for us. I should add we are on a good well and while I do care about using as little water as possible, the most powerful flush is the most important feature to us.

Reach4

Reaction score
There is a point of diminishing returns in the diameter of flush valves. The toilet has two valves: the fill valve that brings the water into the tank, and the flush valve that takes the water from the tank into the bowl.

In many toilets, you can cause the flush to use more water by holding the flush lever down longer. That may help for now. Plus, I suggest that you ask your son to do an extra "courtesy flush" before he starts the paperwork.

While you are getting the toilets done, you want to make sure that the valves ("stops") that feed water from the wall to the toilet tanks are quarter turn ball valves. Those are much more reliable than the classic multi-turn valves.

tpup

Reaction score
Thanks - he DOES do the courtesy flush. Every time. I just think he has larger than normal BM's. He is not constipated. I am not kidding when I say we are plunging almost daily. It's ridiculous. We put nothing else in our toilets!! The toilets are "Sterling" 1.6 gal/6 liter

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks