Toilet will not flush

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris_S

Reaction score
Hi all,

2 days ago I noticed that I had water seeping out from the base of my toilet after flushing. I replaced the wax gasket and seemed to have no problem. However, today the toilet would not flush normally. The bowl filled and the water swirled but it flushed very slowly. I attempted to plunge the toilet but had no luck.

Now, the toilet bowl fills, water swirls, but the water drains out VERY slowly and I am getting a lot of water seeping out from the base of the toilet. I tried plunging but that seemed to have no effect. I poured water into the bowl from a 5 gallon bucket, but that water too just filled up the bowl and slowly drained.

I'm not having any problems with other drains in the house, just this toilet

I apologize if this is a repeat post, but after doing a search scanning the first 5 pages I did not find anything that matches my problem.

I would appreciate any help you all can provide

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That sounds like a main line backup to me.
Water seeeping from undereath can mean that the water level is higher than the floor at that point.
Is the toilet the lowest fixture in the house, or do you have a tub/shower nearby?

Chris_S

Reaction score
That sounds like a main line backup to me.
Water seeeping from undereath can mean that the water level is higher than the floor at that point.
Is the toilet the lowest fixture in the house, or do you have a tub/shower nearby?

I have a shower right next to the toilet

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks