Toilet water supply close to center...any HET that might fit?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by John51, Jun 27, 2014.

1. John51

John51 New Member

I want to replace an old Briggs toilet but the water supply is nearly in line with the left mounting bolt of the flange. The supply is 4 inches from the floor and sticks out 3 6/8 from the wall. The rough in is 10.5 inches so I was thinking of installing in a TOTO Aquia or Eco Drake with 10" rough in but I don't think they'd fit with the water supply so close to center.

Does anyone know a HET that has enough space in back to clear the water supply? Or can the water supply be modified near the wall using an elbow to shift it over to the left and make room?

Thanks,

John IMG_0365.jpg
  2. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

Follow the link -- the product works perfectly and installs easily. (Or a plumber could just do a 90 out of the wall and over, but this is an easy solution): http://www.dahlvalve.com/products/mini-ball-valves/skirted-toilet-kits.php

And they can actually be installed so there is minimal stub-out from the wall, putting the whole thing even closer than in the photos on their web page...
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  3. Reach4

Reach4 Active Member

Of the two you mentioned, Aquia has much more space. huge2.png
  4. John51

John51 New Member

Hi wjcandee,

Thanks for the info! The Dahl valve looks like a good solution so I'll give it a try. As Reach4 mentioned, the Aquia has more space between the toilet and wall so the Dahl valve should allow room for the Aquia and easy access to the shut off valve.
  5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I don't see any issues with your shutoff location if you're installing an Aquia or the Drake 10"
    The Drake can be 3" center to center.
    If you are installing the Vespin, the shutoff needs to be at least 6" from center to center
  6. John51

John51 New Member

Hi Terry,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate your expert opinion. I'll try the installation with the supply where it is now.
  7. johndenis

johndenis New Member

Thanks for this discussion this will helps a lot in future to sought out the toilet water supply related problem.