Toilet water supply close to center...any HET that might fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

John51

Reaction score
I want to replace an old Briggs toilet but the water supply is nearly in line with the left mounting bolt of the flange. The supply is 4 inches from the floor and sticks out 3 6/8 from the wall. The rough in is 10.5 inches so I was thinking of installing in a TOTO Aquia or Eco Drake with 10" rough in but I don't think they'd fit with the water supply so close to center.

Does anyone know a HET that has enough space in back to clear the water supply? Or can the water supply be modified near the wall using an elbow to shift it over to the left and make room?

Thanks,

John IMG_0365.jpg

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Follow the link -- the product works perfectly and installs easily. (Or a plumber could just do a 90 out of the wall and over, but this is an easy solution): http://www.dahlvalve.com/products/mini-ball-valves/skirted-toilet-kits.php

And they can actually be installed so there is minimal stub-out from the wall, putting the whole thing even closer than in the photos on their web page...

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Of the two you mentioned, Aquia has much more space. huge2.png

John51

Reaction score
Hi wjcandee,

Thanks for the info! The Dahl valve looks like a good solution so I'll give it a try. As Reach4 mentioned, the Aquia has more space between the toilet and wall so the Dahl valve should allow room for the Aquia and easy access to the shut off valve.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't see any issues with your shutoff location if you're installing an Aquia or the Drake 10"
The Drake can be 3" center to center.
If you are installing the Vespin, the shutoff needs to be at least 6" from center to center

John51

Reaction score
Hi Terry,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate your expert opinion. I'll try the installation with the supply where it is now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks