Toilet Was Leaking, Now Not Filling...Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Marzer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am definitely a novice so please bear with me, but I noticed 2 days ago that my toilet was leaking from the toilet connector as well (I believe) as the turn angle valve. I had turned the valve off, and it was still leaking a bit, but it was late and I came back the next day to find that it was no longer leaking but the bowl also wasn't refilling after flushing.

I purchased a 3/8" comp stainless steel connecter and a quarter turn angle valve with push fit application (5/8" inlet O.D., 1/2" nom, 3/8" inc O.D. outlet) and was looking to make repairs today. ( I just used as a guide)

When I saw that the tank wouldn't refill, I thought perhaps it was an issue with the fluidmaster as well, so I wanted to make sure I was on the right track before attempting something new.

I recently bought this house, but looking at the connection, it looks pretty corroded so not sure what to think. Am I right in assuming switching the valve and connector will fix it, or do I need to also look at the fluidmaster?

Thanks in advance!

marzer-01.jpg

marzer-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
No way to tell, since there is nothing externally to make one think the supply line is the problem, although I would change them. IT is probably the FM fill valve, especially if it fills after your turn the water on but will not refill until you turn it off again.

Reach4

Reaction score
While doing other stuff, it is best to replace the shutoff with a quarter-turn ball valve. They are much better. And while doing that, replace the rusty escutcheon. If the pipe is copper (not attracted to a magnet) with a compression valve on the end, clean up the pipe. Look up ferrule removal tool on the site search to see some more useful discussions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks