Toilet, vent, and lav connections.

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by geniusadam, Mar 31, 2010.

1. geniusadam

geniusadam New Member

Hi everyone,

I have a question on what the best way to install a drain is. I'm not a plumber, but i am capable to do most things. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

We're moving the toilet and sink. The first picture shows the rough dimensions. The second shows my proposed layout. The third and fourth are pictures of what's currently there.

[​IMG]
    Sorry for the crudeness, but i hope you get the idea.
    [​IMG]
    This picture shows what's currently there. I cut the pipe just above the wye. and this is where a no-hub will go.
    [​IMG]
    This shows where the exist toilet is. we need to move it over about 3 inches to the left.
    [​IMG]

I generally buy my stuff from home depot. I understand how to put stuff together, but i don't necessarily know what all the names of things are.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. geniusadam

geniusadam New Member

Update

So, we've decided to flip the toilet and sink, so the 24" horiztontal run is now going to be more like 48".

so now i've decided that i think it should be the toilet flange dropping into an elbow that turns towards the drainage pipe, then a wye for the vent, then a wye with a sweep for the connection for the sink and then an elbow downwards for connection to the cast iron.

What do you all think? Before I glue, I'll take a picture.