Toilet Tech

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Terry, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2009-03/toilet-tech
    [​IMG]
    http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2009-03/toilet-tech

Neorest 600
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  2. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

We just put the MS980 #550 Neorest and it's a good looking unit, really like the control pad for it.
    MS980CMG-2_main.jpg
    Pad.JPG
  3. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

Jetta Whirlpool Baths New Member

From the comments:
    *sigh* sounds like some of the plumbers I have had to work with...

Okay, despite me not agreeing with him on anything in his comments, I have to ask, anyone familiar with the Western Pottery brand he loves so much?
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The Western uses a standard "ball cock" and 2" flapper.
    It's a builder grade toilet that I quit selling ten years ago.
    I had a customer complain that it was a cheaply made toilet, so I quit selling it and never looked back.
    Even the rep from Western Pottery that came out couldn't make the customer happy.

If Mike the Plumber was installing the builder grade Toto CST703, then he noticed the splashy flush.
    The Reliant has a washdown flush, not at all like the models I sell that use the siphon jet flush.
    I quit selling the Reliant years ago too.

The other models work completly differently.
    They are "all that!"
    It's too bad Mike only installs the cheapest builder grade toilets.
    But then, when you only install cheap products, that's what you get.

[​IMG] Terry Love from Bothell, WA

04/25/09 at 6:26 pm
    People that have used washlets on their toilets know how well they clean. That's why 80% of Japanese homes have them. Some day the US will notice that washing with water is not only good for hands, but for other parts of the body too. We do at least take showers. I tried brushing my kids off with a broom before sending them off to school, but then I thought better of it and threw them in the tub. Yes, with some water.
    I sell and install a few thousand of the Toto toilets a year, and less of the other brands. By far the happiest clients are getting the Toto. Maybe that's why they are the biggest manufacturer in the world. I did install a toilet like the one above for the head of Microsoft. It's pretty cool.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2009