Toilet suggestions - replacing Caroma

Users who are viewing this thread

Caroma-305

Reaction score
Greetings !

ready to replace CAROMA 305, after one year of use. the negatives are forcing me to replace it.

kindly suggest a good replacement .

Caroma 305 has couple of negatives, from my experience.

must need :
* "full" water level in the bowl. With low-water level Caroma 305 The bathroom-Vent should be ON for hours.

* stain free bowl. don't want to continue today's struggle with caroma 305.

* dual flush , very similar to caroma 305.

* complete flush, very similar to caroma 305. cleans everything one flush.

* budget < $200

thanks in advance.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are Toto toilets that would fit your requirements except for the last one. The blunt truth is, there are no quality toilets under $200 from any one. You can buy builder grade toilets from big box stores for $100, but they are dawgs and will not meet your performance requirements. A Toto Drake would be an excellent choice, but it does not have dual flush, and with CEFIONTECT, will be over your budget limit. Several other Toto models would be great, but not for the price you want to pay. You might want to check the Toto models listed elsewhere on the forum. Just click on "Toilet Review" at the top left of this page, then select "Shopping" then "Toto". Sorry to be a wet blanket, but that's the best I can offer.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You might look at the Toto Drake II which is also a Watersense product. 1.28 GPF
There is more water surface then in the Caroma
CEFIONTECT bowl finish, so it stays cleaner
Doesn't splash onto the seat like the Caroma.
But it won't be $200, more like $350

Caroma-305

Reaction score
thanks folks.

between Drake & Drake-II, is the only difference "dual-flush" ? Forgot to mention, i am looking for a water-sense toilet (for the rebate programe).

found this list, browsing through terry's link - http://terrylove.biz/6-toilets

Drake
Eco Drake HET
Drake II
Eco Drake
Aquia II
Ultramax II
Eco UltraMax

1) kindly group the above, based on best-bang for the buck.
2) why some of these of 'HET' explicityly

3) does Drake II "water surface level" is similar to this ultramax video

https://terrylove.com/forums/showth...er-comments-and-pictures&highlight=cst454cefg

-Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
None of the Drakes are dual-flush. The Drake II has a flushing design called dual cyclone, but it is a one-stage flush - instead of having many holes under the rim to wash the bowl, it has two large outlets that shoot the water around the bowl in a swirl or cyclone.

Caroma-305

Reaction score
another Drake customer.

happy so far with DRAKE purchase.

It met all the needs below. thanks for this wonderful forum and it's dedicated & supporting members.

visited Dallas Plumbing (&Kitchen) company, the best part is the working demo, on quite a few TOTO models.

* "full" water level in the bowl.

* stain free bowl.

* dual flush ------ Drake I is not dual-flush.

* complete flush

* budget < $200. ---------paid around $250

* Didn't buy with CEFIONTECT.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks