toilet sprayed water during sewer cleaning

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark111

Reaction score
I came home today and the city was cleaning the sewer on our street. Two toilets were empty, I could hear the noise from the cleaning machine from the toilet and there was water all over the floor and walls of the bathroom. The toilets are working normally. I assume everything is OK, but just wanted to make sure this is normal behavior during sewer cleaning. Thanks.

SeattlePlumber

Service plumber.
Reaction score
Definitely not normal...

May want to call the city and complain. Imagine if you had been sitting on it when it sprayed out. Yuck!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
We were jetting some lines at a department store a while back and we erupted a toilet in one of the bathrooms. The ceiling was dripping...

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I have seen that before, When they are jetting their smaller sewers with a high flow unit it will blow out of some homeowners water closets. There are Jetters that have variable flow rates to help prevent this but some cites are using machines that predate this option.

As the others said call the city and file a claim. I always make sure to use the right size machine for the area I am jetting. But sometimes it just can not be helped. That is why we have insurance, just in case stuff like this happens.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks