toilet paper holder

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by boilermaker27, Sep 13, 2013.

1. boilermaker27

boilermaker27 New Member

I am finally getting this project underway and have a question about the toilet paper holder. I am using a bathtub and managed to get about 15 1/2 inches from the center of the toilet to the bathtub, and that within plumbing code. To the left of the toilet I plan to put in a pedestal sink, so I have nowhere to place a toilet paper holder other than behind the toilet. However, I could build a small wall about 18" from the center of the toilet opposite the bathtub, extend that wall out maybe 24" (approximate guess} and mount the toilet paper holder on that wall. That would separate the sink from the toilet but bring the tp holder more toward the front, that will put the wall to tub measurement at 33", well above the 30" by code for the toilet space. The pedestal sink is 27" and that would leave a space of 30" from wall to wall for the pedestal sink. Can't stretch that measurement any further because of overhead duct work and I have to put the wall between the hot air duct and the return duct to the furnace where I have a distance of 4 1/2", just enough to put a 2x4 between the two ducts. The other alternative is to put the toilet paper holder behind the toilet between the pedestal sink and the toilet. Which way should I go, open to any idea's?
  2. craigpump

craigpump Member

How about using a nice decorative stand to hold the TP?
  3. dj2

dj2 Member

There are endless styles of free standing toilet paper holders out there. Something like what Craig said. I'm sure you can find one you like.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

There is plenty of room under a pedestal lav for a toilet paper holder.
  5. ImOld

ImOld New Member

Or inside a vanity!

whereisit.jpg secretdoor.jpg
  6. craigpump

craigpump Member

Hmmm good idea. Have to tell house guests where the TP is though
  7. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

THere is no vanity if he is going to use a pedestal lav like he said he was. IF he does use a vanity, the TP holder can screw to the side of it next to the toilet.