toilet paper holder

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by willl, Jan 30, 2009.

1. willl

willl New Member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. SewerRatz

SewerRatz Illinois Licensed Plumber

It is all in what your personal tastes are. Here are a few I like.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. TedL

TedL New Member

Design is a matter of taste. I find the spring loaded centers easy enough. The only PITA I've encountered was one that required screwing off a cap nut to change the roll.

Keep the location close to your knee when seated, as it gives you the third "hand" needed to easily tear off the paper.
  4. RayP

RayP Vocational Instructor

Easy choice for me

I don't like anything that I can't reach easily. That means I want the toilet paper in front of me and at chest level. I have found two holders I like. One I love. The like one is a stand with a weighted base that uses a standard spring loaded roll holder. The one I love has a horizontal roll holder open on one end, so you just slide the tp roll on. No moving parts. I can place the holder where I want it and move it when I am done. I would never consider going back to the wall mounted version.
  5. rayh78

rayh78 New Member

I have been using ones like you had in pic for about 10 years now.
    Its the only type I would ever have in all my 3 bathrooms.
    So quick and easy to replace a roll the kids will even do it.

I will never use anything else.
  6. willl

willl New Member

I would like an open ended one as I stated in my firt post. My only concern with open ended ones is that I think the roll might come off if you pull a little to hard. Hence why I was asking for the best design of the open ended ones. Might not be a problem though. Thanks
  7. quinocampa

quinocampa Mechanical engineer in marketing. Uhuh.

If you turn the Home Depot version 90 degrees with the post vertical, your roll will not come off. That may be too radical for some though.