Toilet not properly flushing..

Users who are viewing this thread

John344

Reaction score
Hi. Im sorry if this has been answered, i found a few similar subjects on a search but not the exact problem. Ok, so I am renting a room from a friend at her ranch house and 1 of the toilets does not flush all the way. I tried the bucket test and it does not over flow the bowl but the water does not go down all the way. I put toilet paper in and flushed and the water swirls but it doesnt go down, I checked back a little while later and the toilet paper was gone so I know it is flushing, sort of, everything is eventually going down but like I said even with the bucket test the bowl doesn't empty yet it doesn't over flow either. Any advice on what I might be able to do to fix this? I also tried plunging and when I plunged the sink made a gurgling sound, I dont know if that means anything? Also, even plunging the water in the bowl doesnt completely empty.

davfel01

Reaction score
Hi. Im sorry if this has been answered, i found a few similar subjects on a search but not the exact problem. Ok, so I am renting a room from a friend at her ranch house and 1 of the toilets does not flush all the way. I tried the bucket test and it does not over flow the bowl but the water does not go down all the way. I put toilet paper in and flushed and the water swirls but it doesnt go down, I checked back a little while later and the toilet paper was gone so I know it is flushing, sort of, everything is eventually going down but like I said even with the bucket test the bowl doesn't empty yet it doesn't over flow either. Any advice on what I might be able to do to fix this? I also tried plunging and when I plunged the sink made a gurgling sound, I dont know if that means anything? Also, even plunging the water in the bowl doesnt completely empty.

It sounds to me like you have a clog in the line ...if other toilets work smoothly, it sounds as if the toilet or the line are clogged. Where is the toilet located, how far from main line, what floor...

John344

Reaction score
It sounds to me like you have a clog in the line ...if other toilets work smoothly, it sounds as if the toilet or the line are clogged. Where is the toilet located, how far from main line, what floor...

Thank you for the reply. It's a 1 story house, not sure where the main line is. There is another toilet close by just across the hall which is right out off of the laundry room which works fine, the toilet that is having issues can't even be used though when the washer is running. For a clogged line would that be an easy fix something I can do with a snake or do any of those liquids work? I just checked on it and the water level was low so it all must have gone down at some point..

davfel01

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. It's a 1 story house, not sure where the main line is. There is another toilet close by just across the hall which is right out off of the laundry room which works fine, the toilet that is having issues can't even be used though when the washer is running. For a clogged line would that be an easy fix something I can do with a snake or do any of those liquids work? I just checked on it and the water level was low so it all must have gone down at some point..
well, my experience is if the water level is low the water is getting sucked out of the toilet bowl because of a clog. I have no luck with liquid drain openers so, i always use a snake. Just my experience.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks