Toilet not flushing correctly, bubbles coming up, other toilets are fine

Users who are viewing this thread

sedi

Reaction score
Hi, I've got a toilet acting up and would like some input.

I live in a condo building where eight units share a common drain line to the sewer. The main line has clogged before (neighbor flushed a diaper), which sent gray water rushing up into the two closest toilets (mine and my neighbor's downstairs toilets). All eight units have two toilets - one upstairs and one downstairs.

The issue I am having is with my downstairs toilet. It is closest to the main line. No other toilets are having any flush issues as far as I know (including MY upstairs toilet). The toilet will not flush correctly. While I can't see the water go down, and then get refilled from the tank, the water must be going down because the water level in the bowl doesn't change when the tank is filling. Paper will not go down. Bubbles come up from the drain.

I used a closet auger and nothing is clogged. Also, I live alone so I know nothing was dropped into the toilet. The toilet is rarely used, maybe once a month, but I don't know if that has any bearing at all, I just want to give as many details as possible. The toilet was replaced a couple of years ago so it's one of the new low-flush ones. It's never been a particularly good flusher, but it's always managed to clear the bowl.

Any suggestions? I think I am going to end up calling the maintenance office because it's a main line clog, but I wanted other opinions first.

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks