Toilet noise question?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Giles, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Giles

Giles Retired tool & Die and Mechanic

I have just moved into a home that is app. 15 years old. It has PVC plumbing with three Briggs toilets.
    All plumbing seems to work well except for one toilet and a sink.
    When flushing this toilet seems to have a small amount of air in its trap.
    When flushed, a small amount of bubbles come from the discharge hole into the water, but it flushes properly every time.
    The sink next to this toilet will gurgle after it has emptied.
    I think the two conditions could be related.
    I am on a septic system and the previous owner had the tank pumped last year.
    Could I possibly have a problem?
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

That branch of the drain may not have a proper vent on that toilet and sink.