Toilet needed that tank totally empties

Users who are viewing this thread

Ilovewvmountains

Reaction score
Hi, new member here.

I need to find a toilet for a cabin that when you shut the water off, you can drain most of the water out of the tank by holding the flap up. This is for a cabin that is not used all the time, the current Delta toilet left at least 3” of water in the tank, it froze and broke! I stopped at Home Depot and Lowe’s and the samples are up so high on the display that you can’t open the tank to look in! Any ideas?

Peterson

Reaction score
No new toilet these days will totally empty the tank. The only one that comes to mind might be a Mansfield since it uses the flush tower. If you are going to leave the property for an extended period of time, you probably should shut the toilet off and drain the tank completely.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Why not buy a WET DRY Vacuum and suck the water out of the toilet, traps and any other fixture that maybe subject to freezing?

Just make sure your house trap is replenished to prevent sewer gases from entering.

BECplumbing

Plumbing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi, new member here.

I need to find a toilet for a cabin that when you shut the water off, you can drain most of the water out of the tank by holding the flap up. This is for a cabin that is not used all the time, the current Delta toilet left at least 3” of water in the tank, it froze and broke! I stopped at Home Depot and Lowe’s and the samples are up so high on the display that you can’t open the tank to look in! Any ideas?
There will always be a little bit of water in the bottom of the tank. You will need to sponge it out or vacuum it out if you want the tank to be totally empty

Sarg

Enjoy Learning
Reaction score
Additional safety can be achieved by adding a quantity of RV antifreeze into the bowl....... The stuff is cheap.
6823793__29551.jpg

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
There will always be a little bit of water in the bottom of the tank. You will need to sponge it out or vacuum it out if you want the tank to be totally empty

Yes, removing water from the tank is easy BUT what about the bowel?
Do you think a sponge will remove it all and what about the traps such as kitchen and basin etc?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks