Toilet location

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by bengal21, Jul 12, 2010.

1. bengal21

bengal21 New Member

If I install my basement toilet near (within 4 feet) the lateral drain that leaves my home (not sure if it is 3" or 4" cast iron) do I have to have a seperate vent? The main stack is approximately 15 feet away from the area I would like to place the toilet. the I'm not quite sure what code says about tying in a smaller line to the main line and how venting is affected. Could someone explain what UPC says regarding the matter. I can't seem to find an answer.

2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

A toilet has to have a vent. The main waste stack does not qualify as a vent. You would have to vent the toilet up to the first floor, and tie into the vent stack, above the flood rim of the fixtures on that level

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement