Toilet location

Users who are viewing this thread

bengal21

Reaction score
If I install my basement toilet near (within 4 feet) the lateral drain that leaves my home (not sure if it is 3" or 4" cast iron) do I have to have a seperate vent? The main stack is approximately 15 feet away from the area I would like to place the toilet. the I'm not quite sure what code says about tying in a smaller line to the main line and how venting is affected. Could someone explain what UPC says regarding the matter. I can't seem to find an answer.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A toilet has to have a vent. The main waste stack does not qualify as a vent. You would have to vent the toilet up to the first floor, and tie into the vent stack, above the flood rim of the fixtures on that level

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks