Toilet installation questions

Users who are viewing this thread

svey

Reaction score
I've built an addition to my house last year. The rough in was done by a plumber. I have a lead toilet drain "bulb" sticking out about 5 inches above my finished ceramic tile. How short do I cut the lead? I was going to cut it about 1 inch above the flange and pound it into shape. Does that sound ok?

I've purchased a 4" brass flange, I've drilled my hole in the ceramic and drilled a pilot hole for the screws (what type of screws do I need? 14 2 1/4" SS should be fine? Do I need to worry about metal reaction between flange and screws?

Tx for your help.

P.S. I'm installing an AS Cadet ellongated bowl 16" but I don't think it makes any difference in the installation.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I would go into the basement and see what has to be done in order to change it over to PVC. I wouldn't use the lead. I am suprised the plumber didn't suggest this. I change these over every chance I get.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks