Toilet flange shims

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
When roughing in a toilet flange.... and finish floor is going to be 1" above the current floor, is there any retail flange riser shims that go below the flange? not above?

Reach4

Reaction score
Sioux 886-ER 3/4 spacer ring is not quite your full inch. You could cut your own ring from durable wood with a hole saw followed by a jig saw to do the perimeter. http://www.siouxchief.com/products/drainage/residential/closet-flanges/spacer-repair/quickspacer
886-er.jpg

You can search for "Toilet Flange Spacer Ring" in your favorite search engine for alternatives. I did not see any a full inch high, but some more solid ones might be more suitable for stacking than the Sioux Chief.

It seems to me that one reason that a contractor might have the flange installed on the subfloor is to temporarily set a toilet which the workers could use. A contractor could maybe could make an elevated platform with a toilet on it that would clear an uncut closet bend yet mate with it without glue. Then the flooring people would lift the assembly off, do the tiling. The plumber could then cut the closet bend to size and fit the ring on the finished floor..

Of course another motivation of the contractor for having the flange placed before the final floor could be to have the plumber finish up and avoid a later visit. This idea would not help that.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; the plumber finish up and avoid a later visit.

In most cases the plumber WOULD have to make "a later visit" to set the toilet and do the flange at the same time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks